Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pregnancy For Man

My wife, Ann just gave birth to my son, Issac Chan on 24th July'09(Singapore Time).

When I was at the labour ward beside wife and waiting for her to start her contraction, my mind suddenly strike me. Why could't I do more things here? Why am I just waiting patiently with nothings on hand to do except waiting and waiting.

Do you know why I felt I could do nothing but wait and wait. My final conclusion: I am not prepared enough. I had thought that I knew enough(reading books, articles and TV watching) to get through. On Boy, how wrong was I. I was totally caught off guard by the "stock" suddenly appearing and deliver my precious son to my wife.

What the "old wives tales" of first child will be slow, stretching off 10 hours and delivery date may past due date of week 40 were thrown out of window. My son, I guess wants to see this world fast and quick, had his first breathe within 7 hours since we entered the hospital. He is only 37th weeks old.

Overall, I wish to say, I had a humbling experience. I am also inspired by my wife's 9 months plus pregancy thus I decide to blog and provide as many informations about pregnancy(physical demand, psychology, things to prepare, monthly baby development, gynae, things to eat, hospital, what to expect and etc) from a male point of view to anyone especially Men who think otherwise.

Please feel free to express your opinion the responsible way. I am open to all views.

No comments:

Post a Comment